Extended Service Plan Terms and Conditions
This Plan covers parts and labor costs to repair your product in the event your product fails to properly operate due to:
- Defect in materials or workmanship
- Normal wear and tear
- Dust, internal overheating, internal humidity/condensation
- Defective pixels for those products that have a pixel-based display. Pixel repair will be based upon three (3) defective pixels located in a group less than one half (1/2) square inch or five (5) defective pixels throughout the entire display area.
- If we determine in our sole discretion that your product cannot be repaired, we will replace it with a product of like kind and quality that is of comparable performance or reimburse you for replacement of the product with a voucher or gift card, at our discretion, equal to the current market value of the product, as determined by us, not to exceed the original purchase price of your product, including taxes.
- Technological advances may result in a replacement product with a lower selling price than the original product.
- Replacement parts or products may be new or rebuilt to meet the manufacturer's specifications of the original product at our discretion.
- Your coverage under this Plan is effective beginning on the date your original manufacturer’s warranty expires and will expire one (1) year from this effective date.
- Our obligations under this Plan will be fulfilled in their entirety if we replace your product or issue you a voucher or gift card for replacement of your product pursuant to these terms and conditions.
- This Plan begins after your product's manufacturer's warranty; it does not replace your product's manufacturer's warranty.
- Parts and services covered under the manufacturer's warranty during the manufacturer's warranty period or are the subject of a manufacturer's recall are the responsibility of the manufacturer and are not covered under this Plan.
- After the manufacturer's warranty expires, this Plan provides the benefits provided by the manufacturer's warranty.
Exclusions to Coverage
This Plan does not cover:
- damage to your product caused by accident, abuse, neglect, intentional physical damage, misuse (including faulty installation, repair, or maintenance by anyone other than an authorized service provider), unauthorized modification, viruses and/or spyware, performance failures due to not maintaining firmware updates, extreme environment (including extreme temperature or humidity), external condensation, complete submersion in liquid (e.g., pool, bathtub, etc.), lightning, static electricity, power surges, fire, flood, insect infestation, rodents, war, terrorism, computer software related failures, Acts of God or other external causes.
- products that have been lost or stolen (this Plan only covers products that are returned to us in their entirety).
- cosmetic damage to your product including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on parts, that does not otherwise affect its functionality or materially impair your use.
- products with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed.
- problems caused by a device that is not your product, including equipment purchased at the same time as your product.
- controllers, consumable parts, such as batteries, unless expressly provided for herein.
- failures or parts and/or labor costs incurred as a result of a manufacturer's recall.
- fees or costs related to third-party contracts, consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of data, downtime, charges for time and effort, "no problem found" diagnoses, or failures that occurred prior to the purchase of this Plan.
- products used for commercial purposes.
- personal items left in the product (you are responsible for removing all personal items from the product before service is performed).
- parts and services covered under your product's manufacturer's warranty.
- damage due to contact with any human or animal bodily fluids, or secondary damages.
Obtaining Repair or Replacement Service
To obtain service under this Plan, access our Web site at www.kodak.com/go/contact.
Repairs or replacements will be performed at our discretion by our authorized third-party service provider.
In some cases, you may be required to ship your product for repair at your cost. Kodak will be responsible to ship customer’s product back to them.
Replacement parts utilized for repair service will be, at our sole discretion, new, rebuilt or non-original manufacturer's parts that perform to the factory specifications of the product.
If we determine, in our sole discretion, that your product cannot be repaired, we will replace it with a product of like kind and quality that is of comparable performance or reimburse you for replacement of the product with a voucher or gift card, at our sole discretion, equal to the current market value of the product, as determined by us, not to exceed the original purchase price of your product, including taxes.
You have up to thirty (30) days from the date of our authorization to you to complete your product replacement transaction.
Technological advances may result in a replacement product with a lower selling price than the original product.
In some situations, product replacements will be fulfilled by replacing a defective component of the product such as a power supply or battery if such components were originally included with your product; these products may be mailed to you and are limited to one like item per Plan term.
Availability of Services
For mail-in repair and replacement services, our normal turnaround time is 5-7 business days from our receipt of your product, but may be delayed at certain times of the year.
While we try to complete service as quickly as possible, we are not responsible for delays caused by factors beyond our control, including but not limited to manufacturer delays, parts availability, shipping to a regional service facility, Acts of God or other external causes.
You must have a copy of an original product purchase/exchange/service receipts and a copy of your Plan purchase receipt (your proof(s) of purchase of the product and the Plan) to receive service under this Plan.
Limits of Liability
For any single claim, the limit of liability under this Plan is the lesser of the cost of (1) authorized repairs, (2) replacement with a product of like kind and quality that is of comparable performance, or (3) reimbursement for authorized repairs or replacement. The total liability under this Plan is the current market value of the product, as determined by us, not to exceed the original purchase price of your product, including taxes. Technological advances may result in a replacement product with a lower selling price than the original product. In the event that the total of all authorized repairs exceeds the current market value of the product or we replace the product, we shall have satisfied all obligations owed under the Plan.
Obligations of the provider under this service contract are backed only by the full faith and credit of the provider (issuer) and are not guaranteed under a reimbursement insurance policy.
This Plan is transferable to another owner for the product identified by the serial number on this Plan. There are no restrictions to transfer your Plan provided your Plan is valid. There are no charges to transfer this Plan. The original purchase receipts of both the product and the plan, as well as any service repair receipts or exchange receipts, must be transferred to the new owner. The valid dates of coverage for this Plan remain the same as for the original owner.
There are no fees to cancel this Plan. This Plan will be canceled by us for fraud, material misrepresentation or nonpayment. In the event of cancellation by us, written notice of cancellation will be mailed or emailed to you not less than sixty (60) days before cancellation is effective. If we cancel this Plan, you will receive a pro-rata refund of the price you paid for the Plan based on the percentage of the Plan's unexpired term, less the cost of any service provided. This Plan can be canceled by you within thirty (30) days of your Plan's purchase; you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Plan less the value of any service provided to you under this Plan.
Manufacturer’s Corporate Information (not for obtaining support for defective product)
Eastman Kodak Company corporate headquarters is located at 343 State Street, Rochester, NY 14650. Our corporate phone number is (585) 724-4000.
Length of Coverage
Your Extended Service Plan covers 12 months from the end of your normal manufacturer’s warranty. If, for example, you purchased a product on 1/1/2011, with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty, your normal warranty would expire on 12/31/2011. Your Extended Service Plan would activate on 1/1/2012, and last for 12 months, until 12/31/2012.